In case we would run out of dorm rooms and for those who would rather find off-campus housing, we have compiled a list of 2015 Housing Options offered by people in our community. Contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org for access to this list and for further assistance in finding a place to stay.
In addition there are on-line hosting sites of people offering space in their homes.
At first glance these sites might seem expensive, but negotiating a lower price for a longer stay worked for at least one student!
This student went on to the Airbnb site and found a host in Wilton, then negotiated with that host for a lower per day price that includes room & breakfast, a small fee for dinners and access to the refrigerator for keeping luncheon foods. The whole package came out to be less expensive than on campus housing and meals.
Here is a list of on-line hosting sites:
PLEASE NOTE: The Center for Anthroposophy does not endorse or assume responsibility for any of the off-campus housing and/or child-care providers.
All information is provided solely for CfA / Antioch programs participants convenience.
Commercial Area Housing
There are a number of B&Bs and lodging opportunities in the greater Wilton area. It would be best to google for information, but here are some suggestions of places that people have stayed in the past:
- Little River Bed and Breakfast: 184 Union Street – Peterborough, NH 03458 Phone 603-924-3280 email info@LittleRiverBedandBreakfast.com
- The Greenfield Inn Forest Road, Greenfield NH 1-800-678-4144 (check their website for prices, group possibilities and discounts)
- Zahn’s Alpine Guest House 97 S. Main St, Mt. Vernon NH 603-673-2334 or 1-888-745-0051 more info
- The Birchwood Inn Temple, NH 603-878-3285
- Peteridge Peterborough, NH 603-784-5027
Childcare & Summer Camps
- A Child’s Nature: An integrated full day childcare program, adjacent to the Pine Hill Waldorf School, for ages 6 weeks to 6 years. Open 6:45 AM to 5:30 PM, weekdays, year-round. Website: www.achildsnature.org
- Wild Ways: Each day at Wildways we fully immerse ourselves in Natural Education: using primitive tools, materials, and the natural environment. (ages 5-12) For more information please contact Kirsten Spille-Scott, Program Coordinator at email@example.com or 978-855-5245. You can also visit www.GEOInstituteNH.org and click on Programs/Wildways to download a Wildways Summer Program Brochure
- Camp Glen Brook: Small/ Waldorf overnight camp 603-876-3342 (ages 3rd – 9th grade)
- Silver Lining Circus Camp: For information regarding the 2015 schedule go to http://www.circuslearning.com/SLCC_home.html Sibling Discounts — Questions? Call 413-313-1778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Educational Farm: 2015 Summer Farm Summer Camp (ages 4-5 & 6-11) family discount offered www.theeducationalfarm.org
- Camp Ponemah Day Camp at local sports club 603-673-7123 (ages 3-12) http://www.hampshirehills.com (look under “kids & camps”)
- B.U. Sargent Center – Adventure Camp Overnight camp http://www.bu.edu/outdoor (ages 10-17) 1-800-433-8375 or 603-525-3311
- Kids on Campus at Keene State College: For information: visit http://www.keene.edu/conted/kids.cfm or call 1-800-KSC-1090